Saturday, June 7, 2008

Our Preschool Graduate


Our little man Nate graduated from Preschool this week. It was actually a cute little thing they did and he was quite proud of himself. They asked the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up and we had to make little cutouts of them as that person. So he wanted to be a "police cop" the day we asked. Of course the day we go to turn it in he said he wanted to be a guy who drives dump trucks, so I assume it will change again. :)He'll be our big kindergartner next year, it's hard to believe. It seems like I always say that when the kids hit their milestones, but time just goes by so fast! I'd like to think I'm enjoying every moment of their childhood, probably not, but I'm trying. I struggle to find the balance between mother, wife and just being me-- along with all the other roles that are expected of us outside the family. If anyone has figured this out yet I'd love to hear about it. Anyways, this post was supposed to be about Nate so here's some pics from his big night. :)

Some of you may recall how I wrote that Nate was constantly being chased by the girls at his school. Well here they are. Nate doesn't seem too bothered to be around them.

This is Nate's best buddy Jack. They have been buddies since they were two. It's just dawning on Nate that they won't be going to the same school next year (after 3 years of preschool together) and he's pretty bummed out about it. At least they have soccer to look forward to.

3 comments:

Staley Family said...

Congrats to the big preschool graduate. We are right there with you. Cameron just had his Kindergarten readiness orientation. If they could just stay little just a bit longer.

MommaArch said...

Too bad we don't all live closer. Our boys could all take the big step into Kindergarten together. Why didn't I realize they were all the same age???

Ashley said...

I guess I didn't realize that either. Since this is your first one off to school Trish I'll give you some advice. Bring a tissue. :(