In September I did my first triathlon. It was so great! My friend Kristin talked me into it about a month and a half before it was to happen. I worked my butt off, literally, in that month and didn't die so I felt pretty good about it. I can't wait to do my next one. My family is awesome. Geoff, the kids and my sister Christine and Taylor got up at 5:00 a.m. to come support me. It was so great having them there. So here's some pictures from that plus a few extra, as always.

My transition area.

Just before the swim. I'll admit I was pretty nervous at this point. They had to haul a lady out of the water just prior to our start and it wasn't pretty. She made it through ok after being rushed to the hospital, but it didn't make for very calm nerves, at least on my part.
Ryan all ready to go for the swim.
I thought this picture was funny. The girl to my left looks like she's just playing in the water.

My friend Kristin, her mom Connie and myself after finishing. Kristin's mom rocks! I hope I'm still doing triathlons when I'm in my 50's!

Celebrating at In-N-Out after the race. We deserved it.

Now for the others. Here's Em's soccer team, the Shiny Strikers.

And Katie all dressed up in Nate's jacket. She's so funny!
6 comments:
WOW-I'm so impressed. COngrats on a job well done Ash.
Holy Cow-way to go Ashley. Paul has said that I need to do a triathalon, but I am chicken. I am not the best of swimmers.
You're amazing! Truly an inspiration. That is something I don't think I could ever do. Way to go!
Way to go Ash!!! I wish I had some of your motivation.
YOU ARE MY HERO. I don't think I could ever do a triathalon-maybe a marathon but wooie I would be the lady carted out in the amubulance-rough. I am so proud of you especially if you only had 1-1/2 months to train holy cow
You are super woman!!! I'm amazed. I can't believe how little time you had to train! Seriously amazing.
Post a Comment