Saturday, January 5, 2008

Tis' the Season

It was another fun Christmas, mainly because we didn't go anywhere or do much of anything. Anytime we can do that is considered fun, at least by me. Here are some silly shots from before, during and after Christmas.

It's always fun to try and capture these shots.


I'm not really sure why the kids were doing this, but it was funny looking enough to take a picture of. You go dudes!


This year I thought I would get real creative and make matching pajama bottoms for the whole fam. This was an adventure in sewing. Nate's actually fit pretty good. Ryan's are about two sizes too big and are as wide at the bottom as they are the top. Geoff's are nicely tapered at the bottom, I'm just glad his foot was able to get through.


Yes, even the girls got matching jammies. Em's fit good. However, with my expanding waist and other lines, mine had a tendency to split everytime I bent over or stretched too far. I can't believe I'm admitting that.

7 comments:

MommaArch said...

Very Cute!! and hey at least you could all put them on. Had I tried they probably wouldn't have looked like pants at all. In fact to prove how wonderful my sewing skills are: I wanted to attempt to make stockings this year for the fam, so they's all match. Anyway -Adam discouraged, so I didn't. End of story!!! He He He Maybe if I practice enought he'll be more encouraging next year.

AmyJune said...

I'm so glad you posted a picture of your matching pajamies. They all look so cute. Good job!!!!

Julie said...

The pj's are very cute--youre very adventuresome! Looks like your kids had a fun Christmas. I can't believe how big they are now! Amazing!

Staley Family said...

Looks like Christmas was a great one. I am impressed. I haven't stepped anywhere near a sewing machine for 2 years now. I usually get so frustrated that my mom usually takes over...I am a stinkin' perfectionist. I'll get there one day.

leigh said...

Look at you, you creative girl! Good for you for making PJs for everyone. (Remember when you came to my house and we frosted Halloween cookies a LONG time ago?) I thought creativity may not be one of your things but I was wrong! Good job!

Bethany C. said...

So, so cute! I am more than impressed. You look so good! I kick myself every so often for not taking my mom up on the sewing lessons back in high school. Now my idea of creativity is...finding the best deal on pjs at christmas time. :)

Mark and Tammy said...

Ashley that is so adorable. I love looking at your blog sight. I have a blog also so I will have to send you the address. I love looking at your family pictures because then I feel like I am with you. HEE HEE. I will write more later.