We traveled to Utah for a quick trip. Geoff's brother Joe got married and we were glad we made it. The day we left Monticello to head to the wedding was a blizzard! I haven't drove in that kind of weather for a while, so it made for an exciting trip. The kids had a wonderful time playing in Monticello. Even though the snow had become hard and icy they couldn't stay away from it. Then Big Grandpa (aka Great Grandpa) took them to the ranch to go sledding. Now they are sold on snow. All they could do for the next week was talk about going back or hoping that it would snow here (thank goodness that generally doesn't happen).
We convinced my dad to come back with us from Utah and work on our house a bit. It's been so great. I have a new closet where the furnace used to be, the kids rooms are switched and painted, with closet organizers installed (we've been functioning on one closet between the kids for a while-it wasn't working very well). Let's just say I'm thrilled.
Geoff has been the world traveller--literally. He was in Miami the week before we went to Utah and the day after we got back he flew to New Zealand for a week--must be tough? He's happy to be home for the time being, but before long he'll be spending a week in New York. He's probably more thrilled than I am with everything my dad has done. It's meant less work for him. ;)
There's my update. We've got about 10 weeks left until this baby makes her grand enterance. This is the first pregnancy where I feel like it's going to happen way too soon. Not that I'm feeling great, I look like a beach ball has been implanted in my stomach, I'm just wondering how to handle these four kids. Even now my two adorable boys, whom I dearly love, but want to post on Craigslist are fighting--but mom I didn't hurt him, I'm just provoking him til he screams. I really do love my kids.
These kids have no idea how good they had it. Grandpa would tow them up the hill with the four wheeler after every ride. No wonder they want to keep going back.
Here is the happy couple--yes those are our kids, we thought we'd send them on the honeymoon with them. What better form of birth control could you ask for?
This poor kid keeps losing teeth, but fails to grow any new ones. Notice the nice upside down U her mouth has become. She can't drink water out of a bottle because it leaks out the side, she has to use a straw.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you posted again. And thank goodness for your Dad's handyman abilities.
I'm glad your kids had so much fun in the Monticello snow! I hear they still have a ton--I'll stay where it's a little warmer, thank you very much. Having Geoff gone so much has to be hard. Best of luck with the next 10 weeks. Can't wait to see pictures!
Oh my goodness ashley you are just as funny as ever. I like the craigs list idea though for my own kids-haha. It sounds like you are doing great and that it is nice to have a dad come help out around the house. You must single mom it often if Geoff is always gone. So we may be going to Disney land in May and if we end up driving maybe we'll swing by your place again. Last time your baby was just a few days old or so (now she is 71/2 right??) anyhow take care I'll keep watching for more updates.
There are days I might steal your craigslist idea! How funny!!! Adam will be jealous that Geoff got to spend some time in New Zealand. That's where he served his mission and he'd love to go back. I'm so glad your kids got to experience the snow. It's sooo fun when you don't have to drive in it! We've had a ton of it this year - one storm everyother day it seems - so I've had my fill!
Keep us up to date on the new little one. I can't wait to see pictures!!!
Post a Comment