Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy 10th Anniversary--almost

In a rare move, Geoff and I had a weekend all to ourselves. Thanks to my wonderful sister and brother-in-law who took our kids, Geoff and I were able to escape and celebrate our 10th anniversary. Our actual anniversary is in June, but since their is a new addition on the way we thought we'd celebrate before she got here.

We stayed at a cute little B&B in Mendocino and did close to nothing. We did hike down to Point Cabrillo Lighthouse and saw whales on their migration to Alaska. I've always wanted to see a whale, so that was pretty cool. It was a nice escape. It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since we've been married. So waxing a little mushy, I feel very lucky to have such a great husband. I can honestly say I married my best friend. I could not have picked a better father for our children or a better companion for myself. Yes, it is amazing that he puts up with me sometimes, but in turn I haven't run over his Blackberry either so I guess it all works out. I'm grateful for the good, bad and boring times-you have to have balance right? :) Here's a few pics of when we were young and cute and then of our latest escapade. No that is not a whale next to Geoff, it's me.


6 comments:

AmyJune said...

Happy "almost" 10 year anniversary. I'm glad you guys had such a fun and much deserved getaway.

Mark and Tammy said...

It is so exciting to have your 10 year anniversary-I am thrilled for the 2 of you. I am so thankful that you two found each other way back when and that you have 3 1/2 beautiful children. It was smart to take your little get away before the munchkin. Always a great thing to do. Congrads.

Bethany C. said...

Happy Anniversary! That's certainly something to celebrate. You guys were cute way back then, and you've still got it now. It's nice to know my roommie married a good guy. Oh, and so cool you saw whales! I love whales! It's one of the cool things about the Bay Area that I miss. Hope you are feeling good and hanging in there with this babe.

Jeff and Risae Carlson said...

Congratulations Guys! Wow; in your wedding photo, like ours, you look the same as now. How come everyone around us ages? I'm so glad you guys got to getaway. I heard someone say that after a vacation she remembered why she married her husband. It is nice to reconnect like that. Boy do we miss seeing you. We need to have a commemerative volleyball game!

Staley Family said...

Wow 10 years. Now you are a double digit no more single digit. How exciting. I can't wait for our 10th year. Mendecino looked gorgeous. What fun.

Rindee said...

What a good idea. Our 10 year anniversary is May 2, and my due date with kid #4 is May 1...SO, I think we've decided to postpone our big celebration to year 11, I guess. Good for you to go before your little one arrives.