Sunday, July 12, 2009

Em Turns 9

Our Emmy turned 9 last week! She had a great day and was happy. She wanted to stay home and do fun stuff so that's what we did. I tried to talk her into going out (to make it easier on myself), but to no avail. The girl is a homebody! We are trying to get ready to leave on our annual trek to Utah, so naturally we thought that would be a great time to remodel the bathroom. Remodel is too big of a word really, we are just trying to update it, the time has come for the pink carpet to go. I know all of you who have become acquainted with our carpet will miss it dearly, I wish I could say the same. When it's done I'll put some photos up. For now here's the party with a few "extras."


An extra treat to have Poppy with us for Em's birthday!

We love our girls!


Happy Birthday to Em!


Kate was happy manning the hose with daddy.


Limbo, limbo, limbo!



Now for the "extras.!



What handsome boys!

And my precious girls!


Geoff and mine's anniversary was in June. To celebrate we took a weekend in Half Moon Bay. Now I normally have a really hard time leaving my kids, not that I don't have an awesome sister who'll take care of them, but I just do. But seriously this was a great weekend. I sooooo needed a break.

We went on a hike that had some great views of the ocean. Now picture in your mind those great views and me trying to hold the camera and get them in. Oh well, I knew if I didn't put a picture of both of us on the trip nobody would believe we actually went together.


We saw this really good looking guy at the Montera Lighthouse.


And this is for anyone who is considering trying to get any work on the computer done while holding a one year old on their lap. Yes, she did this all on her own and I've been working upside down ever since.



3 comments:

AmyJune said...

Love the pictures. Can't wait to see you in a few days!!

Tammy Warnick said...

Happy Birthday Emily! Leah is right behind you! Ok, now- stop aging and growing!!

Also, Ashley, I am stunned that you have posted anything! Keep them coming, please!

Brooke said...

Cute Pics! Happy Birthday Emily.