Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sutter's Fort





In January Emily started taking after school classes once a week to learn all about early pioneer life in California. These classes would eventually culminate in an overnigt visit to Sutter's fort. The day they spent there they would act as if they were real pioneers in the 1800's. It was a really great experience for her and Geoff who also got to play the part of early California settler. The rest of the kids and I along with Poppy, Christi and Taylor joined them for dinner that night. What a great experience!
Happy to see "Eny".

and Daddy..

Enjoying the sack races.



Ending the night with dancing!


Ryan and Kate wanted to stay in the sleeping bags so bad. It was lots of fun dragging them from the fort kicking and screaming.

1 comment:

Jeff and Risae Carlson said...

Yay....Ashley's back. I was so excited to read your posts. You make me laugh and I love it. I love the dancing shot with Geoff. That looks like it was a lot of fun. Maybe we'll have time over Thanksgiving to visit you.