Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Some Good News

I don't have much to report as far as activities. I mean there is always an activity going on. Both boys are playing baseball and Emily is running track this spring, so our Saturday's are pretty much shot until May. We have had good news though. My dad, who has been battling esophageal cancer, was given a clean bill of health. In other words he is cancer free! The chemo and radiation were brutal, but they did what they were supposed to do and we are very grateful. He has been living with us since his treatments ended in January as he's recovered from everything. I mean how much motivation is a house full of loud kids, right? I mean to get out of a house full of loud kids. I guess you can take that any way you want. In February I was able to stay with my sister Amber for a week to help her out after her baby boy was born. It was fun to take care of a newborn for a while. Other happenings: Winter Jam with Emily's chorus, Ryan's birthday (ok I feel like a schmuck for not posting someting about that, I'll get on it), Monster Truck Rally (I'm really sorry I missed that) baseball games and track meets. As always, life marches on and we are staying as busy as we want to.
Winter Jam

What every Monster Truck rally enthusist wears.
The boys at the rally.


Ah, my cute baseball players.

6 comments:

Cox Family said...

That's great news about your dad. And congrats to Amber (is it possible she could have a baby? is she old enough? isn't she still just a little girl? time flies) on her baby!

AmyJune said...

That's great about your dad. I've been thinking about him a lot. ireally wish I could have goneto the monster truck jam. Ilove those things.....mostly because it's a great place to people watch. And my favorite part of your post was how you said you really liked taking care of a newborn "for a while". Ha isn't it nice that you could go home to your non-newborn life. :)

Julie said...

So happy to hear your dad is doing well. Great pics of the truck rally. Love it!

Staley Family said...

So glad to hear that your dad is doing so much better. We just lost Paul's aunt to cancer at the end of February.

Sounds like you are going, going, going. We will be there with you in two more weeks when the kids start swimming. Keep it us and keep it going.

Miss you. Got to get together again when things quiet down.

Mark and Tammy said...

YEAH what a trooper your dad and you are. I am so glad that he has been cured. I think 4 young ones would cure me right up too. I wonder what that will be like when your older and everything is triple obnoxious. Your family is so cute

Kiffany Javier said...

I heard your dad was doing better. Yeah! Tell him my parents are very pleased to hear he's healing and they send their hello's.