You have been a useful car and tolerable to drive though not very far.
With a greasy windshield and hot vinyl seats, a ride in you was not much of a treat.
But the boys, how they loved you and you got Geoff to BART, seeing you leave may have broke their hearts.
And each day that goes by that I have to pick Geoff up, I'm ready to go reclaim you from the dump.
Not really.
And so the end of an era. The Bronze Beast, Beauty, Piece of whatever has finally died. The kids are going to miss it as they loved playing it. The only thing I miss about is the that I have to pick Geoff up at the end of the day.


4 comments:
oh that is hilarious. Sometimes those ol' cars just do the job you need them too. mark was given a car that I like to call the "ghetto car". It is a good family memory-and you have to have memories for the kids-good ones.
Loved the little poem that went along with it. How cute. Those old cars really do the job they are intended for. Just think of all the great memories the car gave you.
That's soo sad. Give Geoff my condolences! You're too smart with your words. It reminded me of the cute christmas card poem you wrote a few years ago. By the way, the picture of the car leaving on the tow truck made me jealous. The weather looks beautiful. Here we've been excited because the afternoons have been as warm as 45 degrees. That's no saying much is it.
Aaawwww... I think I will miss it too!
Post a Comment