We are happy to report that Emily made it home none the worse for the wear. She had a wonderful time at Outdoor Ed, but said she was really happy to be home. I'm surprised at home much I missed her! I think the thing that made me miss her most was the fact that this is just the first of many times that she will be leaving home to do things on her own. I think that realization was harder than having her gone for a few days. Enjoy your kids, they grow up too fast!




2 comments:
Ashley, this looks like a super fun experience for your Emily. I don't believe you have one old enough though :) ...no I'm pretty sure they would never do anything like that back at MES even though we did have some fun field trips :) Hope you are doing well.
Hey Franki! It makes me feel old that she's stepping away on things like this. Yeah, we didn't do anything quite this extreme in elementary school. Although the trip to Natural Bridges was pretty awesome. I don't think we'd get away with swimming in the pond like we did back then. Ah well, good times!
Post a Comment